Salute to the Sun – A Chaos Station story

Salute to the SunSalute to the Sun

A Chaos Station story

For Felix, finding peace has always been about staying in motion—about running faster than his demons, and enjoying a small reprieve before they catch up. For Zed, peace is finding the center of the storm and sitting it out. Embracing stillness. Felix wants that. He’s determined to learn this meditation trick. He’d like to stop running. But sitting still isn’t as simple as it looks.

“Salute to the Sun” is set shortly after Skip Trace. I actually wrote it before we finished writing Skip Trace, as a Christmas gift for Jenn. In preparing to share it with our newsletter subscribers, I had to go back and edit in a few details such as nipple rings for Zed and mention their much needed therapy sessions!

I hope you enjoy this extra little episode with the guys.

Read Now | Download

For more short stories, extras, excerpts and previews of the Chaos Station series, visit our website: http://chaosstation.com

6 thoughts on “Salute to the Sun – A Chaos Station story

1. Jenn Burke March 17, 2016 / 9:15 am

Reblogged this on The Heart of a Geek and commented:
    A new short story set in the Chaos Station universe! Hope you enjoy. 🙂

2. kirizar March 17, 2016 / 9:22 am

I hate to start mid-stream, is there a link or ‘begin here’ point to these stories or are they all independent of each other?

• Kelly Jensen March 17, 2016 / 9:26 am

Salute to the Sun probably wouldn’t make a lot of sense to someone unfamiliar with the characters (Felix in particular) and the series. It’s pretty much an extra. The best place to start (for free) is with Graduation, which is available exclusively to our newsletter subscribers. It’s set about fourteen years before the start of Chaos Station (Chaos Station #1). Reunion follows on from there and is also set before the beginning of the published series. That story is available to read now. Links to all are here: http://www.chaosstation.com/#!extras/c20xi and on my Free Reads page. 🙂

• kirizar March 22, 2016 / 10:43 am

Consider me signed up.

3. Diane Dannenfeldt March 21, 2016 / 7:30 pm

That was excellent. I scared my cat when I burst out laughing when he got his leg stuck behind his head!!!! Leave it to Felix.

Sent from my iPad

• Kelly Jensen March 21, 2016 / 7:41 pm

Awesome! Though, maybe not so much for your cat. 🙂 Thanks for the comment. I’m glad you enjoyed the story!